Dear HomeServe Customer,
We wanted to check in to see how you’re doing. Undoubtedly, this has been quite an adjustment, and we hope you and your loved ones are safe, well and making the best of the many changes that have become part of all of our daily routines due to COVID-19.
Here at HomeServe, we’ve made some important adjustments to help maintain our operations so we can continue to provide the excellent customer service you expect of us.
First, all our office and customer service employees have transitioned to working from home. They will continue providing you service whenever you need it. Simply put, we’re home for your home.
Second, we are considered an “essential service” under the “shelter in place” or “stay at home” orders being issued across the country. This means that the plumbers, electricians and HVAC techs from the small businesses we work with across the country can largely continue servicing your home. This is especially important when most of you have to stay at home, so we’re glad we can still come to your home and service your claims.
Please keep in mind that at this time, the impact the coronavirus (COVID-19) may have on our ability to service your repair claim is unknown. While we will work to service your claims as expeditiously as we always do, we need to comply with an evolving number of state restrictions, so we hope you understand that delays (particularly on non-emergency jobs) may be inevitable. That being said, our customers are at the heart of everything we do, so we’re committed to keeping you informed every step of the way.
Finally, we can’t say it enough: your safety and that of our team is paramount to all of us.
We’ve taken a number of measures to prevent the spread of the disease. These include:
- Cleaning at all our offices thoroughly and frequently
- Reminding all team members of the need to practice good personal hygiene
- Wearing protective gear when visiting customers’ homes
- Staying home from work when we’re ill
- We’ve also initiated measures to keep our technicians healthy by protecting them from unnecessary risks when entering a customer’s home. This includes several pre-screening questions to understand whether someone in the home is infected or has a high risk of being infected. And when the technician arrives at your house, he/she may ask you these questions again before entering your home. If a risk is present, we have a dedicated team with specialized training to assist you. Our network of contractors and technicians have been trained on the proper use of personal protective equipment, and continue to be guided by the recommendations of health authorities at the federal, state and local levels.
We’ve made other changes to our processes (such as removing the requirement that you sign a technician’s invoice after completion of the job). All of this ensures that the technician dispatched to your home maintains a safe distance away from you, so we can keep both you and our valued technicians safe and healthy.
From our home to your home, we are here for you. Even as the coronavirus situation continues to unfold over the coming days and weeks, please know that our commitment to you remains unchanged.
Thank you for being a HomeServe customer through the PSEG WorryFree brand. If you have any questions about our response to the coronavirus or need to initiate a claim, please call our toll-free emergency repair hotline at 866-608-8020.
Tom Rusin, CEO, HomeServe USA
View HVAC Repair Articles
How Much Does HVAC Repair and Maintenance Cost?
Anyone who's ever dealt with a broken furnace or air conditioner knows that it's more than a hassle — and in extreme weather, being without these systems can be dangerous. Like everything else in your home, these crucial systems are also prone to breakdowns.Continue reading
Is an HVAC Tune-up Worth the Price? (Yes, Yes It Is)
Your HVAC system works hard to keep your home cool during hot weather and warm during the winter months. Regular HVAC tune-ups can help ensure your system is able to keep up with the demands placed on it, extend its useful life and even prevent some costly repairs.Continue reading
How Much Does it Cost to Replace an HVAC system?
Your home heating and cooling systems provide you and your family with comfort each season. A well-functioning HVAC system prevents you from getting frozen in the winter and living in a sauna in the summer. However, after some time, you will have to replace even the best equipment on the marketContinue reading
Book Your Service Appointment Now! Call 1-866-608-8020
Book Your Service Appointment Now